Saturday, May 1, 2010

gold dust woman

stevie

stevie


stevie

stevie


stevie

stevie



it's hard for me to properly express how much i love fleetwood mac, and stevie nicks. my parents played "rumors" and the self titled album constantly as i was growing up. i vividly remember laying on our front porch, smoking & listening to "edge of seventeen" on a hot summer night after breaking up with my first "serious" boyfriend when i was 15. i also remember when liking fleetwood mac wasn't "cool" - a lot of people (my best friend included!!) used to make fun of me for my obsession.

and the way stevie nicks looks/dresses is a huge part of that obsession! she is so beautiful, so perfectly exemplifies the softer gypsy/witch aesthetic that has become so very popular. beyond that, the confidence that she shows, to this day, is stunning. her personal symbols - doves, the moon, roses, leather & lace - are some of mine as well. her voice and lyrics are worthy of total adoration on their own.

basically i spend every day of my life trying to come to terms with the fact that i am not stevie nicks, and can not be stevie nicks. it never gets less devastating!

"so you don't want to be my wife, my girlfriend, but you want me to do all that magic stuff on your songs. is there anything else that you want, just, like, in my spare time?" - lindsey buckingham on stevie nicks

No comments: